Action Protocol for Fire Sightings
How to act in the evnt of a fire sighting? Do not lose detail of this guide in which we explain in a simple way the steps to follow.
Sighting fire or smoke column. How to proceed?
In the event of a forest fire or smoke column sighting, the first thing to do is make sure you are not at risk.
How to proceed in case of fire
- Observe the direction of the fire and find an escape route.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a damp cloth.
- Find places where vegetation is sparse.
- Be aware of the wind. Go in the opposite direction.
- Look for firebreaks or natural barriers like rivers or roads. Don't run uphill.
- If fire surrounds you, stand on burned ground.
- Stay calm and follow the instructions of authorities.
How to act if we see a forest fire or smoke column
In case of imminent risk, we will first follow the steps described in "How to proceed in case of fire?".
- First thing is always to make sure you are not under imminent risk.
- Notify the authorities by calling 112, providing in detail the information they request.
- Follow the instructions indicated by the 112 staff.
- Notify people who live nearby