Policy of Equality, Nondiscrimination and Diversity Respect
NETWORK & SATELLITE SYSTEM (NASSAT) (hereinafter "NASSAT") recognizes as strategic objectives in the development of its activity: equality, non-discrimination and respect for diversity, especially with regard to gender equality.
Gender equality is not only a fundamental human right, but the necessary basis for achieving peaceful, prosperous and sustainable development in all areas, in order to ensure the full and effective participation of women and equal opportunities for leadership at all decision-making levels in NASSAT, and therefore, gender equality is considered to be part of the core values of NASSAT.
To this end, NASSAT has approved this Policy of Equality, Non-Discrimination and Respect for Diversity, which has the following content:
The purpose of this Equal Opportunities and Non-Discrimination Policy is to achieve a favorable environment that facilitates equal access and opportunities, non- discrimination, and, in particular, gender equality, all while respecting current legislation, and following international best practices, including the provisions in this area in the Fifth of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) approved by the United Nations.
2. Basic principles of action
To achieve these objectives, NASSAT assumes and promotes the following basic principles of action:
- Guarantee the quality of employment, promoting the maintenance of stable and quality jobs, with occupational contents that guarantee a continuous improvement of the skills and competences of professionals.
- Respect diversity, promoting non-discrimination based on race, color, age, sex, marital status, ideology, political opinions, nationality, religion, sexual orientation or any other personal, physical or social condition among its professionals.
Develop the principle of equal opportunities. This principle, which is one of the
essential pillars of professional development, entails a commitment to practice and
demonstrate equitable treatment that drives the personal and professional progression
of the NASSAT team in the following areas:
- Promotion, professional development and compensation: value those knowledge and skills necessary to perform the work, through the evaluation of objectives and performance.
- Hiring: do not establish wage differences based on personal, gender, physical or social conditions such as sex, race, marital status or ideology, political opinions, nationality, religion or any other personal, physical or social condition.
- Recruitment and selection: choose the best professionals through selection based on the merit and abilities of the candidates.
- Training: ensure the training and training of each professional in the knowledge and skills that are required for the proper development of their work.
- Support for workers with different abilities, promoting their effective occupation.
- Promotion of transparent communication, encouraging innovation and granting the necessary autonomy to the professional in the exercise of their functions.
Promote gender equality within NASSAT with regard to access to employment,
training, career advancement and working conditions, as a manifestation of social and
cultural reality and, in particular:
- Strengthen NASSAT's commitment to gender equality in both the organization and society and raise awareness of this issue in both areas.
- Guarantee the principle of equal opportunities in the professional development of both genders within NASSAT, removing obstacles that may prevent or limit their career due to gender.
- Analyze positive action measures to correct the inequalities that arise and to promote the access of women to positions of responsibility in which they have little or no representation.
- Promote mechanisms and procedures for selection and professional development that facilitate the presence of women with the necessary qualifications in all areas of the organization in which their representation is insufficient, including the implementation of training programs and monitoring of professional development specific to women.
- Ensure balanced representation in different decision-making bodies and levels, ensuring that both genders participate on an equal footing in all areas of NASSAT consultation and decision-making
- Promote the organization of working conditions with a gender perspective, allowing the reconciliation of personal, work and family life of all professionals working at NASSAT, ensuring the elimination of all discrimination based on gender.
- To introduce conciliation measures that promote respect for the personal and family life of its professionals and facilitate the best balance between this and the work responsibilities of both genders, highlighting, in particular, those aimed at promoting respect for the rest time of its professionals and avoiding, where possible, professional communications outside working hours.
- Favor the hiring of those suppliers that have internal measures in the field of conciliation, non-discrimination, and gender equality for their employees that comply with the provisions of this Equal Opportunities and Conciliation Policy.
- Promote collaborative programs with sports institutions of all kinds, educational establishments, and any other associations for the purpose of promoting the presence of the underrepresented gender in careers and training programs related to NASSAT activity in which the presence of one gender is substantially lower than the other.
- To collaborate actively in the fight against gender-based violence through the establishment of specific programs that include protection, support and information measures, to accompany and protect victims of gender-based violence.
- Eradicate the use of discriminatory language in any type of corporate communication, internal or external.
- And, the development of any other measures aimed at the development of the above objectives.
This Equal Opportunities Policy was approved in Malaga on 11 June 2021.